14 Good Reasons to vote for Cannabis/ Dagga
1. Cannabis seeds are not narcotic and when ground as flour provide up to 24% protein, and all the amino acids necessary for human nutrition.
2. Cannabis seeds contain Omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids in a perfect balance for human cardiac and mental health.
3. Cannabis seed oil, which is non-narcotic and identical to hemp oil, can be used in cooking, for energy, and as a health supplement.
4. Cannabis fibers can be used for biodegradable plastics, fuel, textiles, livestock bedding, construction materials, paper, packaging and many other products...
5. Cannabis is not physically addictive like tobacco, alcohol, or many over-the-counter drugs.
6. Cannabis is safer to use than tobacco and alcohol, which together cause 100 times more deaths than the total combined deaths resulting from all other illegal drugs.
7. Cannabis used in a mix with tobacco mitigates the cancer and heart disease impacts of tobacco.
8. Cannabis, used moderately, in conjunction with harm minimization techniques, does not adversely affect motor coordination, driving skills, cognitive skills, workplace safety, lung function, quality of work, or motivation in experienced smokers.
9. The estimated LTD50% (lethal toxic dose for 50% of subjects) for Cannabis is 750kg to be consumed within fifteen minutes, a physical impossibility. (Cannabis is safer than sugar!)
10. No deaths have ever been caused by the use or abuse of Cannabis in over 5000 years.
11. The psychoactive ingredient in Cannabis, THC (delta 9-Tetrahydrocannibinol), is useful for the treatment of pain, nausea, asthma, colds and flu, menstrual cramps, alcoholism, Crohn's disease, spastic colon, muscular spasm in Multiple Sclerosis, glaucoma of the eye, AIDS-related wasting, motor neuron disease, mental irritability, depression, bipolar disorder (depressive phase), and drug addiction and it is supportive in radiation and chemotherapy against cancer.
12. Cannabis boosts melatonin levels in our body by up to 4000% 2 hours after smoking a joint. Melatonin is a natural brain hormone, which is a powerful antioxidant. Melatonin soaks up free radicals produce by our metabolism and which cause cancer and the aging process.
13. Cannabis is neuro-protective. It decreases brain cell death induced by alcohol and other toxins as well as diseases such as Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and stroke. As an antioxidant and neuroprotectant, it slows aging.
14. Cannabis helps prevent and cure cancers. Lab studies have shown and anti-tumor effect on deadly gliomas of the brain and other forms of malignancies.