TIME: 09h30 -14h30
DAY: Saturday 16 April 2022
PLACE: 10 Darling Street PARKING AREA.
This is a legally permitted event.
For inquiries: Contact JeremyActon@gmail.com
To gather together all mushroom enthusiasts, (cultivators, foragers, and consumers) to celebrate all mushrooms and the Phylum of Fungi,
To broadcast the benefits of Psilocybin mushrooms for mental health.
To insist on our rights to possess cultivate, use, and benefit from psychedelic mushrooms for personal mental health. and cultural purposes.
To demand that the state entirely removes the prohibition of psilocybin, psilocin, and Mushrooms containing psilocybin, and ends the prohibition of trade therein.
To boost the Psychedelic Culture in South Africa.
About the event
We will gather at 09h30 on Saturday 16th April 2022 and at 11h15 will march through the streets of Cape Town.
Please bring a poster or banner supporting or explaining the Magic of Magical Mushrooms, and your claim of right to use them.
Please make an arty mushroom to carry if you don’t want to have a poster.
Please bring your own refreshments, water, snacks and mushrooms of your choice.
Facts about Psilocybin
- Psilocybin mushrooms contain psilocybin, which is converted into psilocin when ingested by a human. Psilocin is then absorbed by the bloodstream and transported to the brain . Psilocin is an equivalent to serotonin in the human brain and boosts effective serotonin function in brain signalling.
- Serotonin stimulates cross-signalling between many parts of the brain and enables those parts that are relatively starved of blood oxygen and serotonin to obtain an equal share of blood supply and serotonin and thus restore signalling efficiency.
- Psilocin also reduces the activity of predominant neural firing patterns, aka the Default Mode Network, (DMN) in the brain, which is the neural connectivity that dominates a person’s brain when they are not in a rational task oriented activity. The DMN is often related to fixed thoughts, self-image issues, addictive behaviours, recurrent anxiety, aggression, and other negative fixed emotions and thinking patterns,.
- Psilocin, in combination with behavioural therapies, allows users to develop more beneficial and balanced thought patterns and improve emotional and mental functioning in the days after the consumption of Psilocybin mushrooms. Benefits are noticed by users for up to 3 months after the use of psilocybin mushrooms.
- Psilocybin mushrooms stimulate the visual cortex along with all other parts of the brain, and this can result in perception of colours and intricate patterns that are internal impressions, until the dosage is eliminated by the body. This phenomenon is generally considered by users to be a pleasant and desired aspect of the consumption of the Psilocybin mushrooms.
- Psilocybin mushrooms enable the remembering of old repressed memories, which is often necessary for personal psychological healing if those memories were of traumatic experiences.
- Psilocybin mushrooms are considered to be a viable alternative to corporate pharmaceutical Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors, (SSRI’s) which prevent the reuptake of serotonin in the brain, in an effort to maintain serotonin levels, which enable human brain function. People with a lack of serotonin production are not effectively assisted by SSRI’s as their initial serotonin levels are already inadequate, and pharmaceutical SSRI’s also institute a ‘back pressure” signal that further reduces the body’s natural production of serotonin.
- Psilocybin mushrooms boost and facilitate serotonin-mediated signalling and thus improve brain functioning in a balanced and safe way.
- Persons who wish to enjoy the mental health benefits of enhanced serotonin levels without visual hallucinatory impressions, do obtain substantial benefits by micro-dosing a very small amount of Psilocybin mushrooms every day or every second day. These amounts are generally miniscule and can be easily determined by the user according to the physical, psychological and functional needs of the user.
- The attached Appendix 1` contains abstracts of research which substantiates this knowledge about Psilocybin mushrooms, and it is clear that instead of SSRI’s, which can have severe negative mental side effects such as suicidal thoughts, emotional instability,inability to cope with stressful situations, desperation and even continued depression, Psilocybin mushrooms are clearly supported by the research for their use in psychological assistance of persons with emotional and depressive problems.
- The prohibition of psilocybin mushrooms supports the sale of SSRI’s and associated corporate profits, and denies the public a safe and beneficial alternative approach to treating their serotonin-related mental health issues. In this way the prohibition supports anti-competitive retail behaviour by the pharmaceutical corporations, as assisted by the medical fraternity who are expected to prescribe SSRI’s and to not prescribe the prohibited Psilocybin.
- The State is required to reasonably and rationally consider this information about psilocybin and Psilocin in this Representation, and the Appendix 1 and make relevant reply in their Answer to this Representation.
- We, the People therefore challenge and question the Constitutional validity of the prohibition of the cultivation, use and possession of mushrooms containing Psilocybin, and Psilocin, by adults.
- We, the People therefore reject the prohibition of Psilocybin and Psilocin as unscientific and false, and we do not contract with prohibition, nor with the present scheduling of Psilocybin and Psylocin where they are listed as “Undesirable Dependence-Producing Substances”, and we do not contract with all other statutes that rely on such a scheduling.
Written by Jeremy Acton for the
Magical Mushroom Munchers Movement.
Published by cannabispromoter.com